Cavanagh & Associates successfully represents
If you have been accused of domestic violence or have been the victim of this type of abuse, Cavanagh & Associates can help you. St. Louis domestic violence lawyer Jack Cavanagh is a seasoned legal professional who has experience as a former St. Louis County prosecutor. He has more than 50 years of experience and understands the intricacies of domestic violence charges and orders of protection and can counsel you on your rights and options.
Orders of protection can be obtained in the face of domestic violence or abuse by the state of Missouri. Cases of this nature may include:
- Physical abuse
- Mental or emotional abuse
- Sexual assault
- Unlawful imprisonment
It is important to know how to fight an unreasonable order of protection and how to obtain such an order to protect your safety. To learn more, call (314) 309-2799.
Understanding Domestic Violence Charges
With domestic violence charges, immediate intervention by a skilled attorney is crucial to ensuring the full protection of your constitutional rights. Prosecutors and law enforcement officers in St. Charles, Chesterfield, and St. Louis are zealous about protecting alleged victims of domestic abuse. They need to be kept in check to avoid violations of your rights that could result in unwarranted charges or even a wrongful conviction. The penalties for domestic violence are harsh and may include imprisonment, fines, and limited rights. You need someone in your corner who can help you avoid these serious consequences.
As a St. Louis domestic violence defense attorney, Jack Cavanagh understands that you deserve the full protection that the criminal justice system and U.S. Constitution have to offer. With his experience of both sides of criminal court proceedings, he can effectively protect your interests to preserve your freedom. Or, if you or someone you love has been victimized by domestic abuse of any kind, he can work to limit further contact or violence with an order of protection.
What to Expect During a Domestic Violence Case
Going through a domestic violence case can be overwhelming and stressful. At Cavanagh & Associates, our St. Louis domestic violence defense attorneys are committed to protecting your rights and guiding you through the legal process. Here is what you can expect during a domestic violence case:
- Arrest and charges: If the police are called to your home for a domestic violence incident, they may arrest the alleged perpetrator and file charges. The charges may include assault, battery, or harassment.
- Court appearances: You will be required to appear in court for arraignment, where you will enter a plea of guilty or not guilty. If you plead not guilty, you will have a trial where evidence will be presented and a judge or jury will determine your guilt or innocence.
- Defense strategy: Your defense attorney will work with you to create a defense strategy that is tailored to your case. This may include gathering evidence, interviewing witnesses, and negotiating plea deals.
- Possible outcomes: If you are found guilty, you may face fines, probation, or even jail time. If you are found not guilty, the charges will be dropped and you will be free to go.
At Cavanagh & Associates, we understand the sensitive nature of domestic violence cases and will work tirelessly to protect your rights and reputation. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced St. Louis domestic violence defense attorneys.
Our Clients Mean Everything to Us
"He has worked with me even though we are in different states to ensure I am kept abreast of what is going on."Former Client
Great Team! Highly Recommended.Donald Salisbury
"I would highly recommend setting up a consultation with Jack regarding your legal matters as he certainly goes above and beyond for his clients."Matt
We have a genuine desire to see our clients succeed.
Attorney Cavanagh handles our clients' legal matters personally.
We achieve positive case outcomes through thorough preparation.
Attorney Cavanagh is a former prosecutor turned legal advocate.
We offer confidential consultations to every client.
Attorney Cavanagh has over 50 years of legal experience.