St. Louis Family Lawyer
Representing Families in MO for Decades
Family law proceedings have the potential to be stressful, scary, and emotionally draining. These are issues that have a profound impact on you and your family, and they are likely foreign to you. It can be difficult to know what to do – and what not to do – in a divorce, custody dispute, adoption, or other family law matter to give yourself the opportunity of reaching a beneficial result with the least amount of financial and emotional disruption.
Why You Should Choose Cavanagh & Associates:
- Confidential consultations
- 50+ years of legal experience
- Every legal matter is handled personally
- One-on-one attention for each and every client
What Is Family Law?
When you get married or have a child, you must sign legal documents. If any issues arise within these relationships, the documents may have to change. Family law is the field in which these changes take place. The changes also take place in a special court, known as family court. Family law attorneys, judges, and other professionals work within this field.
A good family lawyer will be compassionate about your situation and help you get through legal processes such as divorce, adoption, and child custody. Family courts always act in the best interests of children, but they can also help couples without children divide property or help establish legal parentage via paternity suits and other processes.
You Deserve Personalized Attention from our experienced St. Louis Family Attorneys
Through our experience, we have discovered legal matters involving families are best handled with a compassionate and personalized approach, combined with zealous legal representation inside and outside the family courtroom. If you are looking for an attorney who can provide caring customer service along with dedicated legal counsel, consider Cavanagh & Associates.
We represent clients in these areas of family law:
- Divorce (dissolution of marriage)
- Marital misconduct
- Mediated and collaborative divorce
- Prenuptial agreements
- Paternity proceedings
- Child custody
- Child support
- Spousal support (alimony)
- Post-divorce modifications and enforcement
- Paternity and custody counsel for unmarried parents
- Division of property, debt, and assets
- Child protection orders
We also offer a pre-divorce consultation to provide invaluable insight before you file for divorce. This can help you make the right initial approach to ending your marriage and can save you time, money, and stress.
How a Family Lawyer Can Help You
Hiring the right attorney for your family law issue can make or break your case. While there are many lawyers that practice family law, there are only a select few that have over 50 years of experience. Along with vast knowledge, our attorney can provide you with:
- The human element – You are not a number here. We treat you and your family like our own.
- Consistent communication – Our attorneys provide themselves in being accessible to their clients, as communication and trust is prioritized.
- Expertise with complex issues – Legal issues surrounding divorce, custody, or support can become complex. Our attorneys have the expertise to guide you in the right direction.
At Cavanagh & Associates, we know what you are going through. We have the skill and experience to properly represent your interests in your family law case, and we can provide considerate support when you need it most. Practiced lawyer Jack Cavanagh has more than 50 years of legal experience, including hundreds of judge and jury trials, which he can apply to your case. He leads our team in our commitment to providing superior family law counsel in St. Louis, St. Charles, Chesterfield, and throughout the surrounding areas.
“I would recommend Mr. Cavanagh as well as use him again in the future.”- Former Client
“Truth will always prevail.”- Mr. Callaway
“Great Team! Highly Recommended.”- Donald Salisbury